Two Great Atlanta Architects' Work

Dwoskins Building

place image
Note the detailed brick work

The Dwoskins Building was designed by Neel Reid, one of the fathers of 20th century classical architecture in Georgia, and constructed in 1910. It was remodeled by Atlanta architect Philip Shutze beginning in 1939. M. Dwoskins and Sons, a decorating firm, occupied the building until the early 1970s. It served as the offices of the Center for the Visually Impaired from 1974 to 2003. The two-story building was located between St. Mark United Methodist Church and the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer.
The Dwoskins Building was demolished in September 2010; the lot remains empty as of May 2013. Ownership of the parcel is listed in the tax record as Peachtree Christian Alliance/Peachtree Fourth Partners, LLC.

Listed in 2001

Address: 757-763 Peachtree St NE Atlanta, GA  30308
Area of City: Midtown
Time: 1910, 1939
Architect/Designer: Neil Reid, Philip Shutze