Cathedral of St. Philip

event image

St. Philip’s Episcopal Church was established in 1846 with five communicants. By 1875, they were the largest Episcopal parish in Georgia and, in 1904, became the Cathedral of the Diocese of Georgia. In 1933, St. Philip’s Cathedral moved to its present location; the “little grey church” was built atop the hill at Andrews Drive and Peachtree. Mikell Chapel was completed in 1947, followed by the parish hall in 1955. The grand Cathedral replaced the “little grey church” in 1962.

Image by Terrell Clark

Event Details

Saturday, March 16, 2013
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Free and Open to the Public
Reservations Not Required
This event is partially accessible to individuals with physical disabilities. For questions call 404-688-3353.
This event is appropriate for young preservationists over 10 years of age.

Venue Information

Cathedral of St. Philie
Area of City: Buckhead & North
2744 Peachtree Rd NW, Atlanta GA  30305
Map Link

Preservation Partner

Cathedral of St. Philip

The Cathedral of St. Philip is the “Mother Church” of the Diocese of Atlanta, one of over 100 dioceses that constitute the Episcopal Church in the United States. Now over 150 years old, the Cathedral of St. Philip seeks to continue its history of service to the city and diocese of Atlanta and to be a beacon on the hill, delivering the light of Jesus Christ to the world.

www.stphilipscathedral.org