June 24, 2013
Good news of a historic property’s “adoption!”
The four-story high brick building at 54 Ellis Street, a downtown landmark since the early 20th century, has been purchased by Atlanta Legal Aid Society which plans to move into the structure in 2015.
Built to house an Elks Club Lodge, the building has changed owners frequently. Sold to the Salvation Army in the early 1940s, it was purchased by the Atlanta Union Mission in 1956 and later housed offices for a global contractor.
Kudos to Legal Aid for helping to secure the building’s future.